2604 Sunnyside Drive, PO Box 1014, Cadillac, Michigan 49601

Planning For Parenting Time

As part of your child custody agreement, you and your children’s mother or father will need to agree upon the details of parenting time (commonly called visitation). This can include specifics such as who will transport the children during the exchanges, how much lead time is necessary if one party needs to make a deviation from the set schedule, and requirements that the children are ready for pickup/drop-off during the exchanges. In the event, that a mutual agreement cannot be made, you will have to argue your position before a judge.

Protecting Your Relationships With Your Children

Due to the adversarial nature of divorce, there tends to be conflict between parties when deciding what is best for the children in terms of spending time with each parent. This is also true when two unmarried parents are no longer together. While disagreements can be common, it can still feel overwhelming for mothers and fathers who are trying to maintain relationships with their children and protect their rights to fair parenting time.

At the Law Offices of Ravi R. Gurumurthy, PLC, we understand these concerns and are ready to help. Attorney Gurumurthy offers practical advice to help individuals find parenting plans that make sense for their specific families. We understand how to protect the rights and best interests of our clients, while at the same time presenting plans that will be acceptable to both sides. With a solid understanding of the law as well as a compassion toward parents who are dealing with these difficult issues, we have helped many past clients find solutions they can live with.

Do You Need To Modify An Existing Parenting Time Order?

After the final parenting plan is ordered, it may become necessary to seek a modification of the plan. Perhaps you need to relocate with your children for a job. Maybe your working hours have changed and you have more time available to spend with your children. Regardless of the reason, it is important to work with an attorney in these matters. Modifications are not granted without showing the court there has been a significant change in circumstances. Whether you wish to bring a motion for modification or defend against one, we can help.

Protect Your Rights To Visitation. Contact Our Family Law Firm.

To learn more about your rights and options in counties such as Clare, Otsego, Kalkaska, Wexford, Missaukee, Roscommon, Isabella, Mecosta, or Osceola counties or communities such as Harrison, Clare, Big Rapids, Cadillac, Lake City, Mount Pleasant, Gaylord, or Reed City – contact the Law Offices of Ravi R. Gurumurthy, PLC at 231-577-1580.


Contact Form

We will respond to your inquiry in a timely fashion. Thank you.

Quick Contact Form